In the last few weeks I have been thinking a lot about the future and the possibilities, both horsie and non.
One of the current issues I have had to deal with has been “solved” and a plan of action has been “developed”. Right now I am supposed to be a senior in high school, but because of health problems I am technically a sophomore credit wise. I was hoping to graduate the spring of 2012, but in reality there is a chance I get sick again and that would probably result in delayed graduation…again. So I have made the big decision to get my GED, which has been debated off and on for a few years.
My plan of action is as follows:
1. take the TABY test to see what I need to work on before I take the GED
2. take my GED and pass with flying colors
3.apply and get accepted into college, namely Montana State (I love their equine science/pre vet programs) and that way I can afford to keep my horse and compete
4.take the SAT/ACT
5. and then attend MSU in the fall 🙂
and above all – pray to God I stay relatively healthy
Horse wise I haven’t been able to ride much because of various reasons, but heck thats winter in Montana if you have an indoor or not.
Goals for 2011:
– Get Addie’s awesome jumping back and keep it
– work on my release
– get nice, consistent dressage work (mid 30’s at least)
– get my C1 in the spring and my C2 later in the summer
– take Addie to our first reg. event and manage to do as well as we do at home
– conquer my fear of Addie bolting by doing LOTS of xc work
– be competing at BN, which means I will be schooling novice
– IF she is doing well go to an easy move up novice level event
– above else staying sound (for both of us, haha) and having fun!
Here’s to 2010